As we enjoy the Christmas season and as 2016 draws to an end, we have much to celebrate! This year has proven to be one of growth and advancement in CDI’s mission as we have accomplished several of the goals that we set for this year. We are so grateful for God’s direction and provision.
One of the greatest blessings of this year has been the deepening of relationships with our global ministry partners. We believe our partnership with these faithful brothers is vital to our future ministry. It has been wonderful to hear reports of God’s work in and through them all over the world. The following are just a few examples:
- As of October, 28 global ministry partners reported a total of over 28,000 active students in their various discipleship programs and ministries
- Several dozen individuals have made a profession of faith in Christ after being introduced to Christ through a CDI course or ministry partner
- A pastor and CDI partner in West Africa is directly connected with several pastors in neighboring countries who are eager for training and support for increased ministry among predominantly Muslim nations
- A pastor in Central Africa has a network of nearly 25 pastors in rural locations who are eager for more theological training to carry on the work God has given them
- A pastor in Nepal reports dozens of new converts ready to be discipled
- A pastor in Nagaland, India has begun a new ministry to evangelize nearly 500,000 local immigrant workers from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma and Nepal
As you can see, the opportunities and needs are endless. We claim the commission of Jesus to his disciples in John 15:16 to “go and bear fruit,” and we are asking for God to continue to provide means to carry out this commission. As we move into the new year, we are very excited about the expanded ministry strategy that God has given us and for the many new CDI supporters of this international discipleship ministry.
One of our continued primary objectives is to personally visit our global ministry partners as soon as possible. Our next trip will be to West Africa in 2017. Of course, this requires a great commitment of time and money. We would be so honored if you would consider sharing a year-end gift directly for this effort.
We’re also very grateful to announce the addition of Amanda Fenley to our staff as administrative assistant. In addition to assisting with general office operations, Amanda oversees our financial transactions and database, and she is taking on more responsibility in managing our website and learning management system. We welcome her to the team!
We are currently updating our database software and our contact information. If you would be so kind, and especially if your information has changed, please take just a minute to complete the online form.
We look forward to sharing more exciting details with you soon, but for now, rejoice with us at what God has done this past year, and pray with expectation about what God is at work to accomplish now and in the future. Thank you again for your prayer and financial support.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!