For 40 years, Christian Discipleship International (formerly ROGMA International) has been encouraging followers of Christ in their personal spiritual growth and equipping them to make disciples.
CDI has maintained a global impact with a presence in over 50 countries and with a total enrollment of tens of thousands of students. God has also blessed CDI with dozens of national partners around the world serving in the immediate context of a local church or Bible college. Bible correspondence courses have been the ministry’s core discipleship method. While God has greatly used (and is still using) this method, CDI is expanding its mission under a new strategy as a global missions ministry.
Building on its history, resources and global contacts, CDI’s expanded mission is to empower national leaders as they pursue the fulfillment of the Great Commission. This mission is rooted in 2 Timothy 2:2 – “what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also.”
While the CDI discipleship courses are still available (online and print) free of charge, CDI will now focus on supporting national partners as they carry out the Great Commission with unique strategies that best fit their ministry context. We have been working to identify the national leaders from among our international contacts who show the greatest potential for future ministry partnership. Through focused correspondence, cross-referencing with other trusted Christians, and video interviews, we have initially identified over two dozen of our contacts who fit our partnership criteria.
In order to further confirm the character and ministry context of each national partner, we have taken and are planning several more international trips to meet our contacts face-to-face, conduct in-person interviews and secure updated photos and video.
Our general goals for CDI national partners are for them to actively evangelize, disciple new believers and train/equip other national leaders. More specifically, CDI will empower national partners by:
- Helping them develop a local ministry strategy, goals and objectives
- Working with them to identify/develop/use discipleship materials
- Providing further training (hermeneutics, evangelism, discipleship and leadership) via in-person trips, online group webinars or distance learning
- Evaluating the need for additional resources to accomplish ministry goals
CDI is also seeking for local churches and individuals in the United States to join with us and provide further support for our national partners through:
- Prayer (2 Tim. 1:3, 2 Thess. 3:1, 2 Cor. 1:11) – Communicate directly with national partners to know their immediate burdens and needs and pray for them
- Accountability (2 Tim. 1:6-9, 13-14, 2:21-22) – Pastors or other trusted individuals to maintain direct, regular communication with national partners for encouragement and accountability
- Resources (2 Tim. 2:14-15, 3:16-17) – Identify ministry needs and together with CDI provide necessary resources for national partners
- Training (2 Tim. 2:23-26, 3:10, 4:1-5) – Network with qualified pastors/educators from US to provide ongoing teaching/training for national partners
The CDI executive board unanimously approved this expanded mission and strategy, and we are excited to share it with you. We would be honored if you would join us in this mission.
- Pray for God’s wisdom and provision.
- Support CDI through a monthly or one-time gift. Your financial gift will enable us to share our mission and strategy with others and to visit our national partners.
- Invite us to share with your church or small group. We would enjoy the opportunity.
Please direct any comments or questions to us through the Contact Form. We look forward to hearing from you!